Thursday, July 9, 2009

A New Way to Communicate.....

I used to have a CaringBridge site while I was going through treatment for Ovarian Cancer - but unfortunately, my parents would rather read the site then call and talk to me personally. I could not stand not being able to be open and honest with all the people that followed my journey because my parents also took everything personally and instead of contacting me to discuss whatever the situation was - they would call the people I wrote about and complain to them. I just gave up.

So 18 months into remission now I find myself in a deep, dark hole of depression and anxiety and I need to write. It doesn't matter if anyone ever reads what I write - it just matters that I am being proactive in my health and doing something good for myself.

My first blogging post - wow. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment