Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday already....

Well I figured out why I was not sleeping and feeling all out of whack again - it was because yesterday was my appointment for the massage therapy session that my therapist thought would be good for me to attend. I've never had a massage before - and this is to help me break through the grief I have pent up and can't seem to let out. I realized when I stepped in that room yesterday that I could have sat in the chair and just started bawling without even getting on the table, let alone having someone I didn't know massage me. That's weird right? Anyway..........I didn't cry because the girl talked INCESSANTLY the whole time about her animals and all of these horse terms that I didn't recognize or know about. But it was fine - it was exactly what I needed her to do - for the first time any way. It took my mind off what was going on and I was able to contain myself. That's not the point of this though - so next time I will be asking to be quiet so I can think of what I've lost and maybe get some kind of break through.

Thanks for Karen Anne for telling me what she does for the horrible cramps that I've been having again. I did drink about 30 ounces of water after I posted and that seemed to help a bit - but I was up during the night several times just crippled with pain. Yesterday I was fine - it just has no rhyme or reason - that is one of the frustrating things. I had a chem panel done not too long ago and my magnesium level is fine - as well as my potassium levels. I had this last year also and it's part of the fibromyalgia - which the massage therapist said she doesn't believe in (great) - but whatever it is, it hurts like hell.

Tomorrow my BFF Sandy and I are going to a couple of craft shows and then to a soup & salad luncheon. They swear the sun may shine tomorrow and be around 50 - I'll take it!

Hope you all have a great weekend - I hope too. Til next time.

Kris

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris,
    Brave Girl Camp is an life/art retreat in Idaho. I found it on "A Bushel and a Peck" blog and checked into it. We leave in mid-October. It sounds like so much fun. Google Brave Girl Camp if you are interested. They are going to have lots more...we are the first group. Anyway thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great weekend shopping:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kris,

    My cardiologist keeps his patients on magnesium even if we don't test deficient. (I don't have serious heart stuff going on, just minor stuff that feeds anxiety :-) He says it relaxes the heart muscle. I do find it helps my back.

    Maybe you need to try another massage therapist if this one turns out not to be comfortable with quiet.

    I hope this weekend cheers you up. I always feel better being out and about.

    ReplyDelete